Light Asparagus Salad






Wow, it's really been a while again since I checked in here last! The summer has passed by me in the blink of an eye and I barely had the chance to have a crack at a bunch of new summer recipes I've been collecting. I wonder if I am the only one who thinks up new recipes and saves them in some dusty file in a corner of my mind where they are destined to be forgotten? Sometimes, just sometimes they are actually lucky enough to be opened and put to trial. 
I did that with an asparagus salad I had been thinking about for some time. I just wanted to try something new with green asparagus, seeing as I always just eat it grilled with a bit of butter on rye bread. This recipe actually never disappoints, but there was something missing: something fresh like tomatoes and cheese. So I opted for a different take on the green veggie: toss it in a salad! I added some baby spinach, feta cheese and tomatoes. I know this sounds like an extremely healthy meal and let me tell you that I felt like a major health freak when I ate it! So if you are currently trying to get back on track or have always been super healthy (good on you;) ), then this salad is da one!

Ingredients (2 portions):
-1 bundle green asparagus
-1 bunch baby spinach
-2 handfuls cherry tomatoes 
-150g feta cheese
-3 tbsp. olive oil
-3 tbsp. balsamico vinegar
-extra olive oil for the skillet
-salt & pepper

Instructions:
1. Clean the asparagus, spinach and tomatoes. Drizzle olive oil in heated skillet, stir in salt and pepper. Add asparagus and cook for 10 minutes, turning asparagus for even cooking. 
2. Halve tomatoes and crumble feta cheese in a large bowl. Fold in spinach. 
3. Fill olive oil, vinegar and spices into a sealable jar and shake until the liquids are homogenous. Drizzle dressing on salad and mix thoroughly. 
4. Serve salad on two plates with cooked asparagus on top. 
Enjoy! 



Comments

Popular Posts