Tuna Salad









This might not really be the perfect recipe for this time of year, but I also don't want to wait until summer to finally share it with you! And besides, bringing a bit of summer food into the winter never hurt anyone!
I hope you all had a great Christmas time ( I have to admit, this might seem a tiny bit late..) and a good start into the new year! 

The end of my fifth semester is creeping closer and closer,making me realise that this year is going to bring a lot of change for me. At the moment I'm not entirely sure yet what I want to do after completing my bachelor degree. I'm caught between continuing my studies and taking a year-long break for internships and travelling. So the last couple of days I've spent writing appications for internships while studying for my finals. This isn't supposed to be an excuse for my absence on the blog, but I guess it kinda does sound like it.... sometimes it just all kind of piles up and you forget to do things with which you were hoping to gain consistency over time. Ah well, no one is perfect I guess! I hope this tuna salad of mine will be able to make it up to you :) The raisins sound out of place, I know, but make sure to add them, they make the 'charm' of the whole salad!


Ingredients (2 portions):
- 1 can water-packed tuna
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 hard-boiled egg, diced
- 1 handful raisins
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- juice from half a lemon
- salt & pepper

Instructions:
1. Drain tuna and put it in a mixing bowl. 
2. Soak the raisings in water for about 5 minutes, then drain. 
3. Coarsely chop and add to the una along with the celery, egg, mayonnaise and lemon juice. 4. Spice with salt and pepper and serve with crackers or pita bread.
Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts