Mirabelle plums are one of my favourite fruits. They usually get picked around mid-August, and that always reminds me that it's still summer, but it is also slowly coming to an end. Of course the first leaves aren't falling yet - thank God! - but it's also not strawberry and asparagus time anymore. The days are getting shorter again and the beautiful light of the morning makes its appearance a bit later tha just a few weeks ago.
So, I guess we should still use that rest of summer to make all the delicious, fresh summer recipes we still have up our sleeve! I hope you are all able to enjoy a bit of sun and fun this season!!
For the yeast dough: (Baking tray of 40*30cm)
-1 cube fresh yeast
-1 Pkg. vanilla sugar
-1 pinch salt
For the crumble:
-1 kg mirabelle plums, washed and halved
1. For the dough, pour flour into a large bowl and make a small pit in the centre. Sprinkle yeast into pit and add the remaining ingredients.
2. Use the dough hooks to create a smooth texture Leave in a warm place for around half an hour, until the dough has doubled in size.
3. Knead on a flored surface and roll it out to fit the size of the greased baking tray.
4. Spread plums on dough with the sliced side facing upwards.
5. For the crumbles, combine all ingredients and knead with your hands. Spread evenly on top of cake.
6. Bake in oven at 200 degrees for around 40 minutes.