Wild Garlic Soup










When I told a freind the other day that I was going to go pick some wild garlic later on in the afternoon, she just laughed at me and said that I shouldn't poison myself. Well, so far I havn't been feeling sick and havn't turned any shade of purple! Of course you can also buy wild garlic in the supermarket at the moment, but why do that when you can pick it in practically any forest nearby for free?! Anyways, I guess it's everyones own decision where they decie to get it from in the end, but I do highly recommend one thing: use it to make some good ol' soup, like this one! I'm going to try to get some more in the coming days, because there sure are still a few recipes I'd like to try....

Ingredients (4 portions):
-150g wild garlic
-1 spring onion
-1 tbsp. olive oil
-600ml vegetable broth
-200ml heavy cream 
-salt & pepper

Instructions:
1. Cut garlic into slices and chop onion into cubes. Glaze onion in oil.
2. Add wild garlic and broth and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Blend mixture in a food processor and add cream.
4. Simmer again for around 5 minutes and spice with salt and pepper.
5. Serve in four soup bowls.
Enjoy!

Comments

  1. nom nom nom! i always add a potato or two to make the soup more creamy ^^
    looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ui das klingt sehr lecker :) Wäre aber auch skeptisch gewesen was den wilden Knoblauch angeht…Stadtkinder eben, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ja das stimmt! Jana war übrigens diese gewisse Freundin ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts