Basil Pesto















Making pesto really is a plant killer! I bought myself a scenty,  basil plant just a day ago and today it already looks like it's been thrown into the shredder. With pesto, it really all comes down to choosing between the plant and the meal. As you can tell, I went for the latter today, and I do feel a tiny bit guilty seeing my poor plant on the window sill beside me now....-but it was worth it! And if you would give me another basil plant and make me decide between life or pesto, I'd ALWAYS go for pesto - and you will too!

This recipe is able to serve for several meals, depnding on how much you decide to add to each pasta portion. Just make sure to add enough olive oil if you do decide to conserve it in the fridge for a few days. 
- I'll keep you updated about the basil plant.

Ingredients:
-30g basil leaves, washed
-1 tbsp. pine nuts
-1/2 garlic clove/1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tbsp. parmesan cheese
- 3 tsp. olive oil

Instructions:
1. Blend basil leaves in a food processor. Add pinenuts, garlic, cheese and oil after one another and process until the texture is smooth. 
2. Fill into a jar to conserve or mix directlyinto pasta.
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts