Mushroom Pasta with Gremolata













I just ate a big plate of this but looking at these pictures is making me hungry all over again!I love the fact that you can combine pasta with literally everything, whether it's just simply pesto out of the jar, fresh tomatoes and cheese, or even figs and gorgonzola! And it just somehow manages to always end up hitting the spot...well I guess the italians just know what 'Dolce Vita' really means....
Anyways, I wonder if you sometimes also have that problem when grocery shopping: when you're not sure whether you should take the bunch of parsley/coriander/mint(...) or not-because you actually only need about a handful, and it would be a pity to have to throw the rest away. You decide to buy it anyways. You think about different alternatives of what you could do with the remainings. And then you forget....you end up rediscovering it one week later-crumpled up in a plastic bag in the darkest spot of the fridge-and then it's too late for all those nice alternatives you thought of. 
I have that problem as well. It happens basically every time I buy myself a fresh bundle of herbs, but for this recipe I managed to avoid it: I just didn't even put the parsely back into the bag-simple as that! Instead, I folded it into a bulgur salad, and left some to add to the joghurt dip I showed you last. So there is some hope for the lovely, fresh herbs....

Ingredients (4 portions):
-250g spaghetti
-1 small onion
-200g mushrooms, in thin stripes
-4 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
-lemon zest from one lemon
-2 garlic gloves, in small cubes or crushed
-olive oil
-salt & pepper

Instructions:
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Steam mushrooms in it for around 3 minutes before adding one quarter of the parsley. Leave to steam for another 2 minutes.
2. For the gremolata, combine remaining parsley with lemon zest, garlic and pepper.
3. Cook and sieve spaghetti. Return into pot.
4. Add mushroom-parsley mixture from pan. Mingle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
5. Divide onto plates and add a portion of the gremolata to each.
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts