Coriander Hummus












As I mentioned a while ago, I'm very into asian food at the moment-well okay, I've always been 'into' asian food, but that was only the yummy version of it from GOOD asian restaurants. I'm really emphasizing the good here because what people often understand under asian food usually comes in a colourful asian take-away box....and that's not the only thing that the huge continent has to offer! 
This recipe may be more into the direction of oriental food (that's why you might be wondering why I'm going on and on about asian food..), but somehow the coriander makes it seem more asian to me....don't ask!
Coriander is often used in hummus dips, but I wanted to create a new type of hummusy (coined!) taste this time, that's why, besides adding more coriander than usually, I also folded in some yoghurt-it really gives it a refreshing twist!  

Ingredients:
-250g chickpeas (drained weight)
-1/2 bunch coriander
-2 garlic cloves
-2 Tbsp. tahin paste
-dash of lemon juice
-2 Tbsp. joghurt
-curcuma spice

Instructions:
1. Boil sieved chickpeas in hot water for around 5 minutes.
2. Wash coriander leaves and chop coarsely. Cut garlic into small cubes.
3. Combine chickpeas, coriander and garlic in a food processor. Add tahin paste, lemon juice, joghurt and spice. Process until homogenous.
Tip: Tastes great with crackers, carrots, cellery...basically anything!
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts