Blackberry-Marzipan Cake















I know that we just had a berry-cake post-but this blackberry cake was just too delicious to not share it with you right away! I was looking for blackberry recipes in my recipe book '1 Teig-50 Kuchen', but I only found a plum-marzipan cake that almost made me drool all over the book.... soooo.... seeing as I didn't have any plums on me at the time and 2 large bowls of freshly picked berries riping away in the fridge AND DESPERATELY wanting to try this cake, I just swapped the berries with the plums! After changing some amounts and giving it a personal touch this cake turned out delicious and I can't wait to try out the original version when the plums are a bit riper!

Ingredients (for one medium-size baking tray):
-900g blackberries, washed and dried
-4 eggs
-250g sugar
-200ml sunflower oil
-200ml orange juice
-200g ground hazelnuts
-1 Tsp. cinnamon
-300g flour
-1 Pkg. baking soda
-200g marzipan
-1/2 Tsp. cinnamon
fat for the form

Oven: Preheat to 200 degrees

Instructions:
1. Whisk the eggs, sugar, oil and juice. Add the nuts and gradually fold in cinnamon, flour and baking soda.
2. Spread half of the dough onto the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
3. Knead cinnamon into marzipan. Place marzipan between two large pieces of plastic foil and roll out to size of the baking tray.
4. Place marzipan sheet on pre-baked cake and spread remaining dough on top. Now sprinkle the berries evenly across the cake. Bake in the oven for another 45 minutes.
Tip: I find this cake best when it's been in the fridge for a couple of hours.
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts