Carrot Cake









     

I've already tried several carrot cake recipes-but I never thought that any of them hit the spot quite so well as this one! I was getting tired of all of the recipes where the carrot was not really getting the position it deserved in the taste. That's the reason why I decided to add more carrots combined with raisins and walnuts to give the cake some more flavour. I hope you like it! P.S. I've decided to stop translating the blog entries to german seeing as I'm pretty sure the majority of readers understand english :)

Ingredients:
-4 eggs
-250g Sugar
-300g Flour
-2 Tsp Baking soda
-2 Tsp Cinnamon
-185ml Sunflower oil
-3/4 Tsp Salt
-450g Carrots, peeled and grated
-150g Walnuts, in chunky pieces
-60g raisins

For icing:
-180g soft Butter
-250g Icing sugar
-200g Cream Cheese
-3 drops Vanilla aroma

Instructions:
1. Whisk the eggs with the sugar
2. Mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, sunfloweroil and salt. Add to the egg+sugar mixture
3. Add the carrots, walnuts and raisins
4. Pour into a rectangular baking form (length approx. 50cm, width approx. 20 cm) and bake for around an hour at 180 degrees. Let cool.
5. Mix the butter with the sieved icing sugar. Add the cream cheese and vanilla.
6. Spread evenly on cake and sprinkle walnut pieces on top. 
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts